Just some casual observations about Democrats re-taking the U. S. House of Representatives. In order for Democrats to re-take the House they need to take seats presently held by Republicans.
- Out-spending Republican candidates isn’t enough.
- Energizing the base isn’t enough.
- Nationalizing the campaign isn’t enough.
- You can’t use power politics.
- Changing demographics may help but it won’t necessarily swing elections.
You’ve got to run better candidates that appeal to more people and speak to the people of the districts they want to represent.