Here’s what’s caught my eye this morning:
- Sun up at the South Pole. With photos. This is probably the closest you’ll ever come so take a look.
- If you don’t know who Hugo Chavez is or why you should care, this primer from A Little Left of Centrist will give you a good start.
- Beldar has some amusing anecdotes from trial court. If they’re not true, they ought to be true.
- Blog-father Joe Katzman of Winds of Change shows us an opinion price from CPO Jeff Edwards (ret.) on the futility of searching for exit strategies.
- Davids Medienkritik reports that whichever party wins the upcoming German elections Schroeder’s pacifist position is likely to prevail since the opposition party, the CDU, has embraced his position.
- Econbrowser tries to make sense out of the conflicting statistics and forecasts on Chinese oil demand.
- Noah Millman of Gideon’s Blog reflects on Israeli withdrawal from Gaza.
That’s the lot.