Here’s what’s caught my eye this morning:
- Chirol at Coming Anarchy has a fascinating suggestion: counter the Saudi spreading of their brand of Islam by subsidizing the Turks to spread theirs.
- The third edition of Dear VK is up at Wizbang. Got a problem? Ask Venomous Kate! You may end up with two problems.
- Even the Reds over at Harry’s Place think that the modern crop of Stalin apologists are dopes.
- Was there a second shooter in that “hunting accident” down there in Texas? INDC Journal has the scoop!
- Mark Kleiman’s take on what to do about Iran is worth taking a look at.
- Pakistani cleric put $1M bounty on head of Danish cartoonist. That will definitely go a long way towards convincing the non-Muslim world of the good intentions of the Muslim world.
- Rick Moran of Right Wing Nut House salutes Hubert Humphrey and takes the opportunity to take a swipe at the Democratic Farm Labor Party, which Humphrey helped to found. Humphrey’s defeat by Nixon in 1968 is the only instance I can think of in which the candidate with the more positive vision of America lost a presidential election. Shows you what defending an unpopular administration can do for you.
- Scrappleface has more on the pastry name-changing in Iran. It’s worse than you thought.
- Does anybody (other than President Bush, that is) think that outsourcing the operation of U. S. ports to a Dubai-based company is a good idea? I’m sincere about this. I haven’t found anyone who’s crazy about the idea.
That’s the lot.