Here’s what’s caught my eye this morning:
- Does Ann Althouse long for the early manifestations of feminism or is it just nostalgie de boob?
- Damn you, Jeff Medcalf! In recent posts at Caerdroia he links to two blogs that I’ve now added to my regular rounds. As if I didn’t have enough to do. Planet Moron seems to mix interesting insights with a tough of wry. And I’m very impressed by the writing at The Doctor is In. His most recent post on what the difference between speaking truth to power really means and what it means to those who seem to be using the turn of phrase nowadays is a gem. I’ll be looking in on both frequently.
- What’s in a name? Callimachus of Done With Mirrors explains all.
- Lawrence Solum of Legal Theory Blog lays out the reasons 22 Democrats voted to approve Roberts’s confirmation and 22 Democrats voted against.
- Mark in Mexico notes that today is the 64th anniversary of the massacre at Babi Yar.
- SWWBO finds that Brits don’t understand our system of government nearly as well as they think they do. Good thing she didn’t try to explain the Cook County Forest Preserve District to them.
That’s the lot.