Lots of bloggers are posting the Declaration of Independence today—a worthwhile thought. Some others have posted a few things that have caught my eye.
- James Joyner of Outside the Beltway fisks the Declaration of Independence.
- Callimachus of Done With Mirrors posts about the other Founders, the ones who haven’t made the history books. If I’m any judge, he’s given us a tale from family history; if not his family then certainly ours.
- Mark Safranski of ZenPundit posts Lincoln’s Fourth of July address from 1863. I don’t know that I’ve ever read it before.
- Bull Moose posts an appropriate thought from Theodore Roosevelt’s inaugural address.
- John Donovan of Argghhh! posts an impudent but fitting study in flags and fireworks.
- Neptunus Lex posts a reflection on the things that divide us and what should unite us.
- Dan Berczik of Bloggledygook has rounded up a collection of quotes about America: “some positive, some negative, some humorous for us to read and perhaps ponder.”
- The Dissident Frogman salutes our Independence Day with a great Flash presentation.
I may post others as I run across them. If you’ve found anything of special interest, put a link in the comments.