This is one of the simplest dishes I know. It’s absolutely delicious and incredibly easy: twenty minutes or less from stem to stern. This recipe is derived from Deborah Madison’s book The Savory Way. If you’re not familiar with Deborah Madison’s work, you’ve got a treat in store for you.
Pasta with Gorgonzola
½ lb. dried pasta
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
6 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, broken into pieces
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Set a bowl large enough to hold the pasta over the pot and add the sliced garlic, the cheese, and the butter.
- When the water comes to a boil, remove the bowl and add salt to taste.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook as per the directions 10-12 minutes.
- Scoop the pasta out of the water and add it directly to the bowl with the melted cheese.
- Toss everything together, season with pepper to taste, and serve.